Monday, October 3, 2011

DO THIS! GET HIRED! [by Jenny Chabrian]


DO THIS! GET HIRED!
I’m not going to waste your time.”  That is the first thing that jumped out at me when I started reading “College Students: Do This! Get Hired.”  Someone who is actually going to be real with me about what I need to do to get my dream job!  Many times when I  meet potential employers I try to use impressive big words  and focus on my technical skills because lets face it my bad jokes and part time job I never thought recruiters were interested in. Turns out some of my soft skills are actually really important! I now know that allowing my recruiter the ability to see that I have a positive attitude along with  an openness and ability to learn new things can really give me a heads up in getting that interview. I never had the other-side-of-the-fence view on recruiting and now I can cater my  approach to  recruiters knowing that not all recruiters are the same. According to Mark the experience and level of training  of recruiters will vary and that means my approach to each must vary accordingly too. I feel now I will have a significant competitive advantage by showing both my ability to effectively communicate with a recruiter and not shying away from my soft skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment